January 22, 2015 Minutes

These minutes were posted by the Zoning.



ITEM 1. Call to Order at 7:08 P.M. by Carole Dodge, Chairman

ITEM 2. Roll Call

Members Present:

Carole Dodge (CD), Chairman, John (Pat) Heffernan (PH), Vice-Chairman, Denis Beaudoin (DB), Albert Douglas (AD), Alternate, Jeffrey Swain (JS), Alternate and Delores Fritz, Recording Secretary.

Members Absent:

Paul Metcalf, Sr. (PM) and Scott Aubertin (SA)

Albert Douglas, Alternate and Jeffrey Swain, Alternate were seated on the Board.

ITEM 3. Approval of Minutes of January 15, 2015

(PH) Motion to approve Minutes of January 15, 2015.
(DB) Second. Carried 5-0.

ITEM 4. Work Session

a. Zoning Districts Boundary Lines – Suburban

(CD) You all have a copy of the Zoning Districts Map which I found in the Master Plan from 2000 – Existing Zoning and Water & Sewer Service Area. We also have for review two individual maps brought in by Pat Heffernan and myself which shows a little more detail as to where the houses are located.

Jesse Pacheco, Building Inspector and Ralph Odell, Master Plan Committee Chairman were requested to join Zoning Board to discuss these maps.

(PH) There is a colored one from the WWTP which is better to review as it shows things better.

(CD) The Suburban zoning definition does not match the Town map and we will have to change the definition of the Suburban Zone. The Suburban Zone should be the parts of Town which are serviced by water and sewer.

Jesse Pacheco: I contacted LGC who indicated that we can define it any way we choose. Matt Monahan said the same thing. The definition should not conflict with what we are doing.

(CD) I believe water and sewer are at their capacity. Ralph Odell: About 700 more people can be added to the lines; where is the issue. Also, about 70,000 additional gallons a day can be utilized before we reach the “comfort zone.” (CD) When there is a fire in town, we usually run out of water.

Jesse Pacheco: It would be easier if we had an overlay of the sewer map compatible with the zoning map. (JS) The one which indicates the lots is easier to match up.

Paul Nickerson: We can have about 600 more people on the sewer.

(CD) To outline our goals would be helpful. Definitions of the Suburban District Lines do not match up.

Board discussed getting the Zoning map reproduced with sewer map overlay. (PH) to do.

(CD) We should change the zoning lines to make them uniform. When discussing with Matt Monahan, he mentioned considering “Would it change the character of the Town?” Everyone with sewer and water should be in the Suburban Zone. What was Suburban should be Rural and then we would have to change the definition of Rural. (AD) agreed he would look into the new I & I mapping being done by the Turner Group.

(CD) If we move the lines, do we want to look into the Urban area as well? By changing the Suburban and Rural lines, I am pretty sure we are not changing the character of the Town. Before, we had a bunch of non-conforming lots. If so, in the future, people would have to come to Zoning Board because there would not be enough acres. Jesse Pacheco: Once the changes are made, other things will change and they will have to go to Zoning. Lot sizes have an effect on Zoning. Ralph Odell: Cara has the updated maps of all maps/lots in Town.

Jesse Pacheco: Letting people know is another issue. If under 100 people affected, then you can notify them by mail (certified). If over 100 people, a Public Hearing is required. The concern is how many properties are going to be effected by this.

(PH) Would it be applicable to put something in the paper as to what we are doing? (CD) I would rather it be streamlined before we present to the people. Upon review, Board decided:

1. (CD) to work on definitions of the Suburban, Rural and perhaps the
Urban Zone.
2. (PH) to check on getting the appropriate overlay maps for Board to review.
3. (AD) to check on the I & I mapping. He will check with Erica on
number of sewer users so Board would be able to know what streets
are affected by billing. Perhaps, this can be done by checking the furthest number out on street which is being billed to try to correlate it with the maps.
4. Jesse Pacheco to check on lot sizes in these areas to try and determine
what affect it would have on these individuals.
5. Meet with Matt Monahan sometime in May when Board is further
along on these projects.
6. Determine at what point Public Hearing and/or certified notices would be appropriate.
7. Rationale as to why Board is attempting to change zoning line – Why is the Board changing Zoning lines, for what purpose?

Board agreed a Work Session would be held on February 12th and 26th at 7:00 P.M. to further work on these goals.

ITEM 5. Members Concerns


ITEM 6. Public Input

Jesse Pacheco: Depot Street house is gone, which is a good thing.

ITEM 7. Adjournment

(AD) Motion to adjourn. (PH) Second. Carried 5-0.

Meeting adjourned at 8:40 P.M.

Approved: February 12, 2015

___________________________ ________________________
Carole Dodge, Chairman Date

I hereby certify that these Minutes were recorded by me on January 22, 2015, transcribed and public posted on
January 28, 2015.

Delores A. Fritz, Recording Secretary

No Attachments
Olympus: 1:30:16