July 1, 2014 Minutes

These minutes were posted by the Website.

Pittsfield Website Committee – July 1, 2014
The Pittsfield Website Committee was called to order at @ 7:34 pm.
Location: Pittsfield Town Hall
Members present:
Clayton Wood, Chair
Bob Legg
Matt Goodwin
Jen Goodwin, Secretary

1. Minutes: Minutes of June 25, 2013 were approved.
2. Old Home Day:
a. Old Home Day will be July 19. Theme this year is “Off to the Races”.
b. Clayton will get information for the website from Kathy Bleckmann or Andi Riel. Also there is an ad in the Suncook Sun with information.
c. Bob will supply a photo for the landing page and he will also be taking photos at the “photo booth” again this year and posting them to the website for the public to view.
d. Matt will add info for Old Home Day on the home page of the website and the link for the “photo booth”.

3. Balloon Rally:
a. The Balloon Rally this year will be August 1, 2 and 3.
b. Matt will design the landing page for the home page of the website and upload it Monday 7/28.
c. Bob will supply Matt with a photo.
d. Clayton will contact Scott Brown from the Rotary club for the schedule of events so it can be posted to the website.

4. Pittsfieldnh.gov:
a. Clayton suggested the current website be moved from pittsfieldnh.com to pittsfieldnh.gov in the future.
b. Matt will redirect pittsfieldnh.gov to pittsfieldnh.com for now until we have more time to make the move to the .gov domain.
c. Matt suggested we get all the email addresses that the town will need ready to go so when we make the move it will help eliminate email down time.
d. Clayton will clarify town e-mail addresses with Cara.

5. Facebook (social media):
a. Clayton reported there was discussion at the last EDC meeting about starting a Facebook page for the town. The discussion was made to not start the page yet.
b. Clayton explained there was a link on photos on the home page of the website for Pinterest for people to use. The link appears when a user hovers over an image.
c. PYW will be using a new program called “Next Door.” There will be more information to come on the software in the future.
6. New Business:
a. Clayton suggested finding a new committee member if the committee felt we needed someone. Clayton noted there are two vacancies on the board and was looking for input. Committee decided to wait on adding new member until there was a need.
7. Next Meeting: TBA
8. Meeting Adjourned @ 8:45pm.
Minutes submitted by Jen Goodwin, Secretary.